We live in a 3 storey house and, while blessed with space, this can have downsides including running up and down the stairs constantly to change nappies! I was pregnant for what felt like forever and in the 42nd week I was desperately bored! I decided to use my time to create a little nappy changing basket in my lounge.
It was so easy to do as I already had the basket! It also means our lounge still looks (on the whole!) fairly grown up. All of Isaac’s healthcare and nappy needs are discreetly stowed away.
Nappy basket contents
In our basket we have:
- Nappies – around 8 nappies or so which I restock every now and then so we don’t get caught short!
- Wipes – one pack of baby wipes
- Nappy bags – just for the ultra-messy jobs. As mentioned in a previous article, I don’t use nappy bags when just the main bin will do
- Fold-able changing mat – super easy to wipe down and fold away after use
- Nappy rash cream – we go for Bepanthen or Sudacrem
- Baby oil/cream – this is handy when giving baby a little massage or treating cradle cap. I use Aveeno baby cream or Johnson’s baby oil
- Alcohol hand sanitiser – need I say more?!
- A baby healthcare kit – we have the Tommee Tippee closer to nature kit which is so handy and great also for travel. It comes with a thermometer, hairbrush, comb, nasal aspirator, nail clippers, nail file, nail scissors and toothbrush
I hope this gives you a handy solution to making nappy changing easy on all floors of your house while ensuring it is not entirely taken up by baby crap (literally!)